Re: Linux 2.6.0-test9

From: Tommy Christensen
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 19:43:40 EST

kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello!

And Alexey apparently tried to do the "FIXME" part, but without thinking about the SIGURG part.

Actually, it was thought a lot for several linux-2.x. :-)

We _need_ to stop at urgent data and we _should_ return -EINTR, and let
the SIGURG handler do the URG read. Otherwise we'll lose urgent data (or
we'll just read it inline without realizing that it was urgent data).

The patch was expected not to break this property. Alas, something
is overlooked yet. I still do not understand what exactly is broken,
I feel I have to find some rlogin to experiment in vivo.

Hi Alexey

I think the patch breaks things because it consumes (or rather skips)
the urgent data ( in the code after the label found_ok_skb: ).

Since this happens before the SIGURG handler is run, it won't find
any urgent data.

What do you think?

The patch by Linus seems to be fine though.

-Tommy