Re: [pm] fix time after suspend-to-*

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 06:43:21 EST

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:32:33 +0100 Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not sure... We do not want applications to know. Certainly we can't
> send a signal; SIGPWR already has some meaning and it would be bad to
> override it.

And SIGPWR is a bad choice anyway as the default action for SIGPWR
is to terminate the process - I can't see people being amused if all
their processes are killed when they suspend their laptop :-)

We could invent a new signal whose default action is ignore ... Solaris
has SIGFREEZE and SIGTHAW (the comment in the header file says used by CPR
- whatever that is). SIGSUSPEND and SIGRESUME?

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx