Re: weird mouse movement in 2.6.0-test9

From: Georg Nikodym
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 11:32:13 EST

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:58:26 +0100 (CET)
Peter Berg Larsen <pebl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have seen this on my i8k since bios a18. The stick generates random
> moves and clicks when I press and hold a key. (The moves/clicks are
> indistiguishable from real stick usage)

Mmm. Seems you're right.

So I grabbed the latest synaptics stuff (from a couple of days ago) and
updated my XF86Config-4. There I discovered that I am not crazy just
stupid.

I had an (InputDevice) entry looking at /dev/input/mice, another one
looking at /dev/input/eventX and a third looking at /dev/psaux. Removing
the cruft and updating the synaptics entry has fixed my problem.

Sorry for the noise.

-g