Re: nforce2 stability on 2.6.0-test5 and 2.6.0-test9

From: ross . alexander
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 09:36:42 EST

Brad,

My problem is one of the infamous nforce2 hardlockups. You don't get any
kernel panic or anything that useful. The system just locks up completely
and has to be manually reset.

The problem is known to associate with IDE activity and is thought (as far
as I know) to originate somewhere in the IDE driver.

Cheers,

Ross

Ross Alexander "We demand clearly defined
MIS - NEC Europe Limited boundaries of uncertainty and
Work ph: +44 20 8752 3394 doubt."

Brad House <brad@xxxxxxxx>
10/29/2003 02:13 PM