BUG?: NFS client problems with 2.4.22

From: Joshua Weage
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 12:02:35 EST

I have just compiled 2.4.22 with the NFS inode deadlock patch applied
from the 2.4.23-pre tree.

Configuration is SMP, athlon, bonding, eepro100, e1000, NFS v2 and 3
client. Pretty basic.

Two nodes use only the eepro100 adapters, two nodes have bonded
eepro100 and e1000 adapters, both show the same issue.

This kernel is now producing "kernel: nfs: server not responding"
"kernel: nfs: server OK" messages at a rate of 5-10 per second. It
looks like this kernel is ignoring the timeo option specified in
/etc/fstab and setting the timeout very small. I currently have timeo
set to 40.

I'm using the following options on my nfs mounts:
rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard,intr,timeo=40

Previous Redhat kernels 2.4.18 to 2.4.20-20 have not displayed this
problem.

Is this a known problem with the 2.4.22 kernel?

Thanks,

Joshua Weage

=====