Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: serious 2.6 bug in USB subsystem?

From: David Brownell
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 10:22:11 EST

David Mosberger wrote:

On x86, there is no OOps, it just freezes. On ia64, I get a nice MCA
and from that we can infer that a USB host controller read from
address 0xf0000000 caused the problem but since this is asynchronous
to the kernel's code path, the instruction pointer etc. in the MCA
state dump isn't terribly helpful.

Does that 0xf0000000 (on ia64) match any obvious address mapping
of the null pointer -- like a dma mapping? I'm not sure that if
the HID driver were to pass a null buffer pointer, it would be
caught anywhere.

- Dave