Re: Processes receive SIGSEGV if TCQ is enabled

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 02:38:22 EST

Thomas Schlichter wrote:

Hi,

On Friday 31 October 2003 00:40, Nick Piggin wrote:

Hi,
If you're testing IDE TCQ, please try the following patch and use the
default io scheduler. It won't fix anything, but it poisons requests
so we can sometimes tell if they are being used in the wrong places.
I have seen warnings that lead me to believe this might be happening.
Its against 2.6.0-test9-mm1. Report any stack traces you see. Thanks.

OK, I tested 2.6.0-test9-mm1 + your patch, but it seems not to print any messages or stack traces, even if many processes are killed after setting TCQ depth to 1.

OK well thats good, its not my problem then ;) Thanks.