Re: Things that Longhorn seems to be doing right

From: Herman
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 16:00:11 EST

On Friday 31 October 2003 8:47 pm, Hans Reiser wrote:
> I can't get US bank accounts for my programmers working for me. Why?
> Because every US bank without exception uses social security numbers as
> a primary key. A person without a social security number cannot be
> coped with. This is a weakness directly due to molding rather than
> matching structure in data.

No, that is a legal requirement, not a weakness due to molding, but I get your
point.

BTW, to my mind, the killer app in a business environment is the automatic
file versioning feature in longhorn. This protects people against fat finger
mistakes, and geez, any business has its fair share of fat head, fat finger
and dumb blond types. This is the only feature from VMS that I am longing
for...

Cheers,

H.