[Patch]Kernel 2.6.0-test9 compile on x86-64

From: mark
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 20:18:20 EST

I must say this is my first experience with a 2.6 kernel and it is very
fast and responsive.

I found that when compiling the 2.6.0-test9 for an athlon64 that the
symbol "ip_compute_csum" was not found by several network modules
including sk98lin with concerned me in perticular. A quick google search
revealed that IA64 had a similar problem in test6 and that ksyms for
x86-64 need to export "ip_compute_csum" to fix the problem.

Here's a diff of the change I made.

$ pwd
/usr/src/linux-2.6.0-test9/arch/x86_64/kernel

$ diff x8664_ksyms.c x8664_ksyms.c~
217c217
< EXPORT_SYMBOL(ip_compute_csum);
---

After making this change I was able to recompile my kernel and it works
because I am using my SK9521 to send this email.

regards,

--
Mark Lane, CET
Hard Data Ltd www.harddata.com