Re: PROBLEM: ISDN

From: Len Brown
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 02:31:37 EST

If the system freezes on loading a module when ACPI is enabled,
but when booted with acpi=off or pci=noacpi it doesn't freeze,
then it may be an ACPI interrupt configuration issue.

if so, please file a bug with the details.

However, it sounds like you've got some sort of freeze issue (on unload)
even with ACPI disabled -- so chances are good that this is a
device-specific issue.

thanks,
-Len

How to file a bug against ACPI:

http://bugzilla.kernel.org/
Category: Power Management
Component: ACPI

Please attach the output from dmidecode, available in /usr/sbin/, or
here:
http://www.nongnu.org/dmidecode/

Please attach the output from acpidmp, available in /usr/sbin/, or in
here
http://www.intel.com/technology/iapc/acpi/downloads/pmtools-20010730.tar.gz

Please attach /proc/interrupts and the dmesg output showing the failure,
if possible.