weird irda problem with 2.6 kernel and ericsson phone

From: Alexander Heuer
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 12:36:24 EST

Hi there,

I am currently experiencing a weird problem using /dev/ircomm0 to connect to my Sony Ericsson t68i mobile phone using Debian GNU/Linux and Kernel 2.6.0-test11.

Upon trying to connect via /dev/ircomm0 using dip -t or minicom, I get the following kernel message:

"Detected buggy peer, adjust mtt to 10us"

After reading on the lists and living in google for days, I found some posts from Jean Tourrilhes, where he is writing about a connection problem due to a kernel irda problem and / or buggy Ericsson phones.
(i.e. http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0306.2/1964.html)

Either way, after checking on his patch I recognized, that the 2.6 kernel doesnt really differ from his proposal.
I then tried playing around with sysctl_min_tx_turn_time but unfortunately... this didn't help either.

Connecting to the phone works fine on my old 2.4.19 so now I am wondering if anyone here has a similar problem after upgrading the kernel.
Since the only usable messages I found so far regarding this problem were from mailing lists, I figured this might be the best place to ask.

The funny thing I maybe should tell you as well is, I have no problems connecting to a friends mobile, which is actually a siemens.

Thanks in advance for your answers and your time

Alexander Heuer

--
roggenbrot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[X] <--- Nail here for new Monitor!