how to reserve irqs at boot time

From: Jing Xu
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 17:29:36 EST

Hello,

I'm running linux 2.4.20 and rtai 24.1.11. My linux
kernel module needs to use IRQ 9 10 11 for AGP graphic
card, sound card and PCI-Dio24 IO card. These irqs are
also shared by USB controllers. My module hangs when
it tries to request the above irqs used by USB
devices. I figured it would be a good idea to remove
this apparent conflict. I have scoured the web and
found that I can reserve these IRQs by specifying
pci=irqmask= on the kernel boot line.

I have tried to set "pci=irqmask=0xf1e8" to reserve
Irq 9 10 11 4 from my driver, and it hasn't had any
effect - those irqs are still used by usb controllers
on initialization.

How do I reserve these IRQ's? Is there some other
configuration file I haven't found?

Thanks in advance,

jing