Software suspend under -test10.

From: Rob Landley
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 15:22:14 EST

Using the /sys/power/state = disk method, here's what's different:

During suspend, the power to the screen gets shut off fairly early on so I
can't see what suspend is doing. It does continue and suspend, though.

On resume, I need to call hwclock --hctosys to update the system clock. I
thought that had been fixed, but it's not in. (Maybe it's in -mm?)

If I suspend with ohci and the pegasus ethernet thingy loaded, it suspends
fine but freezes on resume. Unloading the modules makes it happy.

On resume, my processor is in the C2 ACPI state, which can best be described
as "amazingly slow". I don't know how to get it back to normal. (Go ahead
and eat the batter faster, it's so slow I get less done on a full charge this
way anyway!) Oddly, I have NOT enabled CPU throttling (the manager is
"performance"), so this is garbage left over from the quiesce not resuming
the CPU power.

This week is insane for me, but I hope to have a little time to thump on it
this weekend...

Would trying an -mm kernel be a good idea here? (I'll upgrade to -test11 in a
bit, but I don't think there was any suspend work in here...)

Rob