Re: IDE-SCSI oops in 2.6.0-test11

From: bill davidsen
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 18:22:38 EST

In article <1070401986.12502.6.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Craig Bradney <cbradney@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| Just as an fyi, Im on a 2600, same mobo (well, v2 1007 bios).. 2.6 test
| 11, acpi on, local apic on, apic on.
|
| Can burn CDs and DVD+RWs without IDE-SCSI just fine.

I bet you're using a recent cdrecord and growisofs, both of which have
had Linux-specific code added to use the non-SCSI interface. Programs
which are written for SCSI won't run on that interface.

I'm told that SCSI programs for Win9x will run under vmware using
ide-scsi under 2.4 but not 2.6, can someone confirm? I don't have the
software for that test, but I'm told Win9x is quite popular ;-)

The last time I tried cdparanoia it didn't work with 2.6 (ATAPI or
ide-scsi), and I haven't tried cdda2wav. Some work, some don't.

Please let us know if you're using other software than my guess, hard to
track what's been converted from SCSI to ATAPI.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc