Re: libata in 2.4.24?

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 19:02:56 EST

bill davidsen wrote:
Until multiple devices be string are available SATA will have logistical
problems scaling. The small cable is an advantage running a few drives
in a box, but a server with 40 drives or so would go from a cable bundle
out the back, about 5cm by 1 cm, to a real bunch of those little round
cables running everywhere. Certainly doable, but I think I'd name the
server "Medusa" if I built it.

Sorry, SCSI is moving to point-to-point serial attachment (SAS), too :) While not quite ready to call Parallel SCSI dead, it's definitely dying...

Jeff