Re: [Oops] i386 mm/slab.c (cache_flusharray)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 18:29:38 EST

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 pinotj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> [slab.c patch from Linus]
>
> I tried the patch on the same small config (XFS and
> CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC enabled) and I got oops at the beginning of boot
> sequence. I spent some times to write this down but I'm not so sure it's
> a good news. Just say me it's not a hw problem...

Sorry - it's not a hw problem, and in fact it's a problem with my slab
debugging patch: please don't use CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB together with my
crappy patch. My patch wants _only_ CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC instead of
using the SLAB debugger.

So please turn the slab debugger off, and depend on CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC
entirely and try again,

Linus