w83627hf watchdog

From: Ethan Weinstein
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 14:16:37 EST

Hi,

My Supermicro X5DPL-iGM-O has a winbond w83627hf chip onboard that includes a watchdog timer. I found a driver on freshmeat that points here: http://www.freestone.net/soft/pkg/w83627hf-wdt.tar.gz
but this does not seem to work correctly on 2.4.23, even with my modifications to the ioports and registers that Supermicro sent me. I have tried to contact the developer, he hasn't responded. I also located a post to linux-kerel quite sometime ago:

http://seclists.org/lists/linux-kernel/2002/Dec/att-4150/w83627hf_wdt.c

I haven't tried this driver just yet. The lm_sensors project seems to include a driver for this chip as well, but not for the watchdog part. The specifications Supermicro sent me for the watchdog function are located here:

http://www.stinkfoot.org/wdt.txt

Any help would greatly be appreciated, I know this particular chip is included with many motherboards.

Ethan