Re: oom killer in 2.4.23

From: Peter Bergmann
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 15:39:25 EST

> > effect is still unchanged.
> > processes get killed by VM and not oom_kikll.c
> >
> > any hints ??
>
> You probably want to look at the change to
> vmscan.c:try_to_free_pages_zone().
>
> --
> Jens Axboe

I did, but my vm knolege is rather limited.
I don't really know really know _where_ to place
out_of_memory() in the new try_to_free_pages_zone()...
and what other changes would be necessary in vmscan.c.

My try & error approach did not succeed.

I would be really glad if someone (aa may be :) could
provide the information where/how to place the call for a custom
(or the old) oom killer - if it's really that simple ...

cheers,
pet