Re: Errors and later panics in 2.6.0-test11.

From: Kevin P. Fleming
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 22:50:05 EST

Nathan Scott wrote:

The problem I reported was also with RAID-5, and I have also found a problem similar to Nathan's (probably the same one) by just trying to run bonnie++ on an XFS filesystem on DM over RAID-5, even after formatting the XFS filesystem to forcibly align everything to RAID-5 stripes (64K units).

FWIW, this doesn't align _everything_ (space allocations done
through the XFS allocator are influenced, which means "most")
-- log IO is still going to be sector aligned, as are any IOs
to the four XFS allocation group header metadata structures.

OK, I thought that "-l sunit=..." being set to a block-size multiple would take care of that as well, but apparently not.