RE: Catching NForce2 lockup with NMI watchdog

From: Allen Martin
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 14:14:39 EST

NVIDIA doesn't provide a windows driver to setup APIC interrupts. APIC
functionality is exported through the ACPI methods and MP table in the
system BIOS which the motherboard vendors supply.

Likely the root of the problem has to do with the way the Linux kernel is
using the ACPI methods to setup the interrupts which is different from win
9x/2k/XP. I can help track this down, unfortunately so far I've been unable
to reproduce the hangs on any of the boards I have.

-Allen