Re: Re: [Oops] i386 mm/slab.c (cache_flusharray)

From: pinotj
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 18:00:53 EST

>De: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxx>
[...]
>Jerome - can you test Nathan's patch together with my "avoid the
>complicated slab logic"? The slab avoidance thing got ext3 stable for you,
>now with Nathan's patch hopefully XFS will be stable too.
[...]

OK, I will do intensive tests this week-end, I have time. I just want to have some confirmations:

1. Is it still usefull to get all the backtraces of the last xfs oops ?
2. I will test patch-slab and patch-xfs on test11, CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC (only). Test on XFS root and ext3 with "small" and "big" kernels.
3. What about patch-bio of Manfred ? I didn't have much time to try it yet but seems to stabilize too. Should I use it alone or with the others patchs ?

Thanks all for your help

Jerome Pinot