Re: Catching NForce2 lockup with NMI watchdog - found

From: Prakash K. Cheemplavam
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 07:25:41 EST

cheuche+lkml@xxxxxxx wrote:
On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 12:49:50AM +0100, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:

So gals and guys, try disabling cpu disconnect in bios and see whether aopic now runs stable.

Yes that fix it. Well time will tell but I cannot make it crash with
hdparm -tT or cat /dev/hda so far. I'm dumping hda to /dev/null right
now.

After testing to make it crash, I used athcool to reenable CPU
disconnect, and guess what, test after that just crashed the box.
You found the problem, congratulations.

:-)

Isn't it possible to ad athcool's code into the kernel, maybe into the pm section or even make it an kernel option. It seems to be a nice workaround for the time-being.

Prakash