Re: aio on ramfs

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 12:52:51 EST

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 02:40:03AM +0900, OGAWA Hirofumi wrote:
> Doesn't this break the magic of shrink_list()? I think it need the
> "return WRITEPAGE_ACTIVATE;" at least.

In truth these things shouldn't be on the LRU at all, though they're
probably blindly plopped down there. My handwavy argument was that it
makes no sense to do anything with it on the LRU and that I'd nopped
out ->set_page_dirty() anyhow (i.e. PG_dirty should never get set). Does
that hold enough water or should I still hand back WRITEPAGE_ACTIVATE?

-- wli