Re: Linux GPL and binary module exception clause?

From: Andre Hedrick
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 09:17:15 EST

David,

How about this ...

If you impose EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL or impose restrictions on binary only
drivers you are forbidden to use my work?

Last check 96% of all linux boxes have IDE/ATAPI/SATA in them.
Oh yeah that ATAPI stuff is shared with others, but the setup code for the
majority of the hba's I own copyright.

So the sword cuts two ways.

Can we stop with the stupidity?

Andre Hedrick