Re: 2.4 vs 2.6

From: Harry McGregor
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 02:30:29 EST

On Sun, 2003-12-14 at 10:32, Voicu Liviu wrote:

> Because i use lvm2 and I could not find the way to get back to lvm1
> Any clue?

How about using the patches for 2.4 to give you LVM2 support?

http://people.sistina.com/~thornber/

We have it running on one system right now, in fact it is part of the
reason that we manually patched our 2.4.21 to fix the local root exploit
that was fixed in 2.4.23, we just had too many external patches
(FreeSwan, DeviceMapper, XFS, etc) on that system, to do patch and
recompile in a reasonable amount of time.

Harry