Re: r8169 GigE driver problem, locks up 2.4.23 NFS subsystem

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 14:02:01 EST

Marcus Blomenkamp <Marcus.Blomenkamp@xxxxxxxx> :
[...]
> I added more dummy printks and intermediate result: it does not return from
> function 'rtl8169_hw_phy_config()'
>
> This routine messes up the card itself, as a reset/reboot into 2.4 does not
> revitalize it. I definitively have to power-cycle the machine.

Daube. Thanks for the work.

If you have some spare time, you can try the patches available at:
<URL:http://www.fr.zoreil.com/linux/kernel/2.6.x/2.6.0-test11-bk5>
(a README describes the order).
They will not fix the issue but I would not be too surprized if something
breaks before "rtl8169_hw_phy_config" appears.

I'll be away from my computer until wednesday evening.

--
Ueimor