Re: filesystem bug?

From: dlion
Date: Fri Dec 26 2003 - 09:36:58 EST

Hello ,

Bxynj> Hi,

>>I got other errors on ext3 filesystem include:
>>1. missing file
>>2. corrupted file
>>but when I used fsck.ext3 to check the ramdisk, the result was clean.

Bxynj> Dlion, how did the corrupted file look like?
Bxynj> (its file size, number of blocks etc.)

1. some corrupted files is truncated to 0 bytes. Blockcount is 0.

2. some corrupted files is truncated . the result is a shorter file.
the new size is multiple of block size.

3. maybe all corrupted files' mtime is exactly the same
wrong value. Should be around 2003.12.26 21:30:00, but
is 2002.05.12 12:00:48(hex value is 0x3cdde8f0) . ctime
and atime is correct. The system's clock time is unchanged.

4. it seems that the corrupted files tends to exist in the same
directory.

Use a 128000k bytes ramdisk you can get these results in less than
30 minutes. BTW, your test script is very good. Thank you.