Re: 2.6.0 sound output - wierd effects

From: Martin Schlemmer
Date: Fri Dec 26 2003 - 19:43:31 EST

On Sat, 2003-12-27 at 01:59, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

> > Basically as sombody else noted - it might be with the OSS emulation,
> > so we want to use native alsa support with xmms ...
>
> I'll play with it - should narrow things down. However, fundamentally,
> it used to work in 2.5.74, and is broken as of test3 ... that strongly
> implies to me there's a kernel problem. I'd rather fix OSS emulation
> if possible, and save everybody migrating to 2.6 from this pain ... ;-)

I was using esound compiled with alsa support, but I just killed it and
played with oss for some time now - seems still fine this side.

You might try to go to the preferences again, and configure oss plugin,
and up the buffer used. On another note - did you try another player
than xmms? Using xmms 1.2.8 here, so if Debian that far behind, it
may still be an xmms issue ...

--
Martin Schlemmer