Re: Synaptics problems in -mm1

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Sat Dec 27 2003 - 12:29:57 EST

On Saturday 27 December 2003 06:38 am, Tomas Szepe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems one of the synaptics-related patches in 2.6.0-mm1 kills
> off the pointer stick on my T40p. 2.6.0 vanilla works just fine
> in that department. Thought you might want to know.
>
> Reverting
>
> input-08-synaptics-protocol-discovery.patch
> input-07-remove-synaptics-config-option.patch
> synaptics-powerpro-fix.patch
>
> did not seem to help. I failed to figure out a way to easily revert
>
> serio-06-synaptics-use-reconnect.patch
> serio-04-synaptics-cleanup.patch
>
> so that I didn't try.

I have a couple of questions (I am not familiar with IBM hardware so
please bear with me...):
- Is it detected as Synaptics but does not work?
- Should it be detected as Synaptics?
- Does it work if you pass psmouse_noext=1 or psmouse_proto=bare?
And what about psmouse_proto=imps and psmouse_proto=exps
- Does it work if you give 2.6.0-test10-mm1 a quick boot?
- dmesg, input section of you XFree and version and parameters that
are passed to GPM.

Thank you,

Dmitry