RE: [ANNOUNCE] QLogic qla2xxx driver update available (v8.00.00b7).

From: James Bottomley
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 12:35:59 EST

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 19:15, Andrew Vasquez wrote:
> > A new version of the 8.x series driver for Linux 2.6.x kernels has
> > been uploaded to SourceForge:
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-qla2xxx/
> >

> False start. I've uploaded 8.00.00b8 to the SF site. This driver
> instructs the mid-layer to perform its initial scan with
> scsi_scan_host(). During testing, I disable the scan. Sorry for
> the confusion.

OK, I've begun the BK process again.

This driver is now in BK at

bk://linux-scsi.bkbits.net/scsi-qla2xxx-2.6

I didn't see any comments about Christoph's patches, so is it OK if I
apply them?

I plan to let it mature in it's own tree for a short while with the
object being to get it into the right shape for a 2.6 inclusion
candidate.

The two items we still need to do something about are:

- Multi Pathing. This really doesn't belong in the kernel
- The odd ioctl set to the qla device...I'd much rather see something
more standard that all FC drivers can use.

James