Re: CD burn buffer underruns on 2.6

From: Martin Josefsson
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 15:41:57 EST

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 18:22, Claas Langbehn wrote:
> Hello,
>

> ide-scsi is deprecated and should not be used
> any longer. Instead you should use the ide
> device directly. F.ex.
>
> cdrecord dev=dev/hdc ...
>
> But as far as i know, cdrdao does not support
> this yet :(

Some time ago I compiled cdrdao 1.1.7 with support for this (iirc I
copied libscg from cdrecord)
I use it all the time with 2.6, works like a charm at 32x.

If you are brave enough you can use it (never trust binaries offered by
strange people :) especially don't run them as root. (I never burn cd's
as root, works just fine as a normal user as long as you have
write-permission for the blockdevice, but you loose the
realtime-priority of the process when running as non-root which might
matter if you have a slow or highly loaded system while burning)

wget gandalf.hjorten.nu/cdrdao

--
/Martin