Re: ACPI problems (was: Re: Synaptics PS/2 driver and 2.6.0-test11)

From: Peter Osterlund
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 19:39:04 EST

Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've found that problem with synaptics is really related to some ACPI troubles.
> I've suspected synaptics touchpad to do some interrupt bursts and it does.
> Just single button press and relelase generates about 500 interrupts!!! I wonder
> if it is driver related or really hardware related...

That's normal. The hardware generates 80 packets/second and it keeps
generating packets 1 second after you stop using the touchpad. Each
packet is 6 bytes and the i8042 controller generates one
interrupt/byte.

500 interrupts/s shouldn't be any problem to handle though.

--
Peter Osterlund - petero2@xxxxxxxxx
http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340