2.6.0 scheduling while atomic, USB storage related

From: Norman Diamond
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 05:36:44 EST

I attached a USB hard drive, one primary partition 120GB FAT32. It worked
in several 2.6.0-test* and 2.4.x kernels. In the released 2.6.0, command
"mount /dev/sda1 /media/sda1" hanged. After more than a minute, I tried to
kill the mount command but the process was unkillable. The hard drive's
access lamp was still on but a separate simple "mount" command showed that
the drive still wasn't mounted yet, so I dared to disconnect the cable. The
first "mount" command was still unkillable. A shutdown command succeeded.

After rebooting, a few log entries were found in /var/log/messages. In
order to show how small and insignificant they were, I had to put them in an
attachment to this message.