Re: 2.6.0 performance problems

From: Roger Luethi
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 18:48:40 EST

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:14:13 -0500, Thomas Molina wrote:
> I also get 90+ percent iowait under 2.6 and 0 iowait in 2.4. I'm not sure
> how the alleged suckiness of 2.6 paging fits into this. On this system

It is not alleged. It is real, but the badness is not universal. I was
afraid I'd have to add another category, but fortunately it seems bk
export matches qsbench: Major regressions neither between test2 and
test3 nor between 2.4 and 2.6.

I'm still interested to learn whether 2.5.39 is a major regression
(fixed later) for bk export, although that might have been due to the
qs specific reference patterns, I haven't looked into it. At least for
qsbench the spike is confirmed though, even with different parameters.

Roger