SMP testers wanted for Software Suspend 2

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 04:15:43 EST

Hi all.

If you have SMP and are interested in testing out Software Suspend 2's
new support for SMP, I'd appreciate hearing from you. At the moment, it
is only implemented under 2.4 kernels, but the 2.6 version shouldn't be
far away. I'm particularly interested in hearing reports about boxes
with more than 2 cpus.

While I'm at it, I'll say thanks publicly to the guys at OSDL, who set
up a box for me to get this going on.

The patches can be obtained from swsusp.sf.net. You're after

software-suspend-2.0-linux-2.4.23-rev2-whole.bz2

and

software-suspend-2.0-core-rc3C-whole.bz2

Apply them in that order. (It doesn't actually matter for 2.4, but does
for 2.6 so it's good to get in the habit). FAQs and all other manner of
documentation may be found on swsusp.sf.net.

Regards,

Nigel
--
My work on Software Suspend is graciously brought to you by
LinuxFund.org.