Re: Prism54 Driver Project Complete

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 01:03:05 EST

There still needs to be a central "maintainer" of prism54, someone who sends patches either directly to me, or via Jean to me (maintainer's choice). Ideally, it is best to funnel patches from everybody through driver-maintainer -> subsystem maintainer -> Marcelo|Andrew|Linus. That only breaks down when the driver or subsystem maintainer is too slow, and doesn't follow the "release early, release often" precept :)

Open source is about lack of control, and trusting that community and consensus will produce superior software over the long run... but lack of control doesn't mean lack of organization :)

Jeff