Re: TLD.rmk.(none) junk in BitKeeper logs where BK_HOST belongs?

From: Matthias Andree
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 14:53:27 EST

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> He does it on purpose. Apparently there is some UK law that may make it
> illegal to export other peoples email addresses without express consent,
> so rmk corrupts them with a script..

Two notes:
1.
This could be handled by only including patches of those people who
consent to their address being published,

2.
The user does not have to give a routable mail address in
BK_USER/BK_HOST, but he can set BK_HOST to whatever he wants.

If the whole corruption is intentional, then I'd suggest that RMK
participates in the maintenance of the lk-changelog.pl aka. shortlog
script. I have no chance to resolve common names through
google/lbdb/grep -r on the suspect source files unless the address is
there. There are so many people called Jonas Larsson - how do I know if
that fellow has a middle name?

--
Matthias Andree