Re: TLD.rmk.(none) junk in BitKeeper logs where BK_HOST belongs?

From: Matthias Andree
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 15:46:10 EST

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Russell King wrote:

> > Two notes:
> > 1.
> > This could be handled by only including patches of those people who
> > consent to their address being published,
>
> This requires me to keep a database of peoples addresses who have
> consented. No thanks, that's a huge overhead and waste of time.

"vacation" style recipes for maildrop or procmail do most of the parts
you'd need - sort people's mail into one folder "no-consent", if they
send a patch, ask them for permission, if they consent, drop their mail
address into the DB so their mail is sorted into
"address-export-allowed". Change names as you will.

Just a suggestion to counted the "huge" overhead. It is overhead and
costs time without doubt.

> Have a look in the changesets themselves - you'll find the line "Patch
> from" in them, so you can pick out the real persons name from that -
> even automatically via a suitable regexp.

I'll try.

--
Matthias Andree