Re: Bug in ForeRunner LE (cache line settings) (was ATM (LANE) -related Kernel-Crashes)

From: Peter Daum
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 17:30:32 EST

Hi,

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, chas williams (contractor) wrote:

> while i was looking at the bug report on the sourceforge site, i decided
> to take a quick look at your nicstar problem. can you try the following
> patch (apply with patch -p1).

I applied your patch. The machine I checked (HP NetServer LC3, Pentium II)
now prints:
nicstar0: PCI cache line size set incorrectly (0),
setting cache line size to 8
when initializing the card.

Unfortunately, the patch does not fix the problem: My usual test
case, transferring data from Mcafee's ftp server, still doesn't
work.

Regards,
Peter Daum