Kernel 2.6.3 i810fb Grub Boot Loader

From: Patrick Beard
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 07:43:08 EST

Hi,
Not sure if this is a i810fb issue or not (appologies if its not)

I've been using the i810fb in kernel 2.6.x with no problems on Debian
sarge.
Below is the append line I used in Lilo;
video=i810fb:vram:2,xres:1024,yres:768,bpp:16,hsync1:30,hsync2:55,vsync1
:50,vsync2:85,accel,mtrr
(note: The hsync and vsync are not the actual values. I'm not at my
system and can't remember what they are.)

Last night I switched from using lilo to grub. everything went ok. I
added the above to my grub config and rebooted. The console is fine
except for one thing. I get what appears to be a block cursor in the
middle of the screen. When I log in, the cursor stays in the middle of
the screen until I hit enter, it then jumps to the bottom left. From
then on it sort of follows what I type but not quite, it remains
somewhat out of sync with where the cursor should actually be. I tried
using 'hwcur' on the above but this didn't do anything.

I'm using the same parameters that I used with lilo, yet I never had
this issue.

Apart from switching back to lilo, is there anything I can try to
resolve this?

TIA

Paddy