Re: 2.6.5-rc1-aa1

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 11:43:23 EST

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 10:32:58AM -0500, Rik van Riel wrote:
> I don't think wants to use mlock, and I suspect it doesn't

for the short term it's ok, I agree longer term we may want to make them
swappable, but we don't necessairly need to support efficient swapping
for huge vmas (i.e. 10G, if one wants efficient swapping
remap_file_pages shouldn't be used).

Could you tell me how you called the mlock sysctl that Wli talked about?
(Wli mentioned the mlock sysctl in a patch from you) Thanks.