Re: [CFT] inflate.c rework arch testing needed

From: Russell King
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 05:33:17 EST

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 05:10:06PM -0600, Matt Mackall wrote:
> I've reworked the mess that is lib/inflate.c, including:

Please don't - this will probably break the PIC decompressor on ARM.

There are un-merged patches in the pipeline which make this all work
correctly with todays toolchains - which mostly means getting rid of
all static data to make the compiler produce the right relocations.

Yes its stupid, but there seems to be no other way to do this with
the ELF toolchains we have available to us now.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 PCMCIA - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/