Re: CDFS

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 11:33:08 EST

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Randy.Dunlap wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:01:44 -0500 (EST) Richard B. Johnson wrote:
>

> | Just got a CD/ROM that 'works' on W$, but not Linux.
> | W$ `properties` call it 'CDFS'. Is there any such Linux
> | support?
>
> You did try to search for it, right?

Sure did and what I get was an explaination that, for
Linux, the letters "CDFS" refer to something that "exports
all the tracks and boot images of a CD as normal files".

That's not what I want. I want to mount a CDFS file-system.

Given that, maybe the explaination is bogus, but I
need some CDFS file-system support so I can mount
a Microsoft CDFS CD/ROM. If such support exists, I
would think that I should be able to do:

mount -t cdfs /dev/cdrom /mnt

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.24 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).