Re: Rimax Linux DVD/DivX player firwmare source code

From: J. Grant
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 20:32:42 EST

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if there is anyone at OSDN (I think these are the main managers
of Linux?) who we could contact who would be able to encourage these
companies to provide the source code to licensee's? (and comply with the
licence in general etc).

The firmware I have seems to be based on linux v2.4.17-uc0, with a
EM850908/EM85xx0912 chipset support. Compiled by someone with username
lizq@SRCSRV. The two modules are a front panel/remote control module,
and "KHWL.O" by Emmanuel Michon and Fabrice Gautier of Sigma Designs.

Kind regards

JG