Re: [BENCHMARKS] 2.6.4 vs 2.6.4-mm1

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 02:32:29 EST

your patch looks interesting.

wrt. making a fully scalable MM read side:

perphaps RCU could be used to make lookup access to the vma tree and
lookup of the pagetables lockless. This would make futexes (and
pagefaults) fundamentally scalable.

another option would be to introduce a rwsem which is read-scalable, but
this would pessimise writes quite as bad as brlocks did. I'm not sure
how acceptable that is.

Ingo