Re: ACPI Shutdown 2.6.3

From: Jurjen Oskam
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 14:07:41 EST

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 09:58:52AM -0500, Bruce Park wrote:

> I'm experiencing a problem with ACPI and it's ability to shutdown the
> machine. I'm currently using Debian GNU/Linux with the 2.6.3 kernel. Before

If you boot with the "nolapic" option, does the machine poweroff correctly
then?

(This is the case on my Thinkpad T41 - 2.6.x doesn't powerdown unless I
boot with "nolapic")

--
Jurjen Oskam

"Avoid putting a paging file on a fault-tolerant drive, such as a mirrored
volume or a RAID-5 volume. Paging files do not need fault-tolerance." - 308417