Re: [Kgdb-bugreport] Move eth into 'lite' series?

From: Tom Rini
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 09:43:02 EST

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 12:42:21PM +0530, Amit S. Kale wrote:

> On Saturday 20 Mar 2004 2:33 am, Tom Rini wrote:
> > I was thinking, now that netpoll is in 2.6.5-rc1, should we move the
> > kgdboe driver into the -lite series? I'd like to say Yes, with a quick
> > check over the include list.
>
> Let's wait till current session to push kgdb into mainline kernel is over. We
> need not push kgdboe into lite series, we can push it into mainline kernel
> itself :-)
>
> I was supposed to submit second version of lite patches monday this week, but
> was preempted by some other work. I'll post them on coming monday now

Actually, I was thinking just the opposite. Based on Linus' comments
(see http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0211.1/1861.html and
maybe http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0211.2/0089.html
too) we can always try and get the 8250 serial backend in once kgdb +
enet driver is already in.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/