Re: OSS: cleanup or throw away

From: Diego Calleja García
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 17:30:09 EST

El Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:57:09 +0100 Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> OSS will stay in 2.6 (2.6 is a stable kernel series) but it will most
> likely be removed in 2.7.

Personally, as an user, I'd like to have the OSS drivers which don't have
a ALSA equivalent for my old hardware. There're several
sound cards with both ALSA and OSS drivers where ALSA works
much better 99% of the time. Those could be safely removed
(even in the 2.6 timeframe, I'd argue) but I'd like to keep the ones
without an alsa equivalent for my old hardware (specially now that we
have a -tiny tree ;) however I can understand that if they don't
have a maintainer they'll get removed...