ENE CB1410 Cardbus bridge, yenta and ISA IRQ mask

From: Michael Marxmeier
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 17:55:15 EST

Linux 2.4.21 (+SuSE patches)

My new laptop uses an ENE CB1410 cardbus bridge.

I found that my pcmcia ISDN card (AVM A1 PCMCIA) does not work
correctly because yenta does not seem to recognize any ISA interrupts
for me and consequently the hisax driver refuses to load.

Mar 9 20:29:38 linux kernel: Yenta IRQ list 0000, PCI irq5
Mar 9 20:29:38 linux kernel: Socket status: 30000006

The driver in Win XP in this case assigned IRQ 3. By adding a faked
ISA irq mask to yenta.c i was able to get the card working.

Could this be a problem that the ENE CB1410 needs some fixup during
initialization to recognize the ISA IRQs or should i simply change
the irq_mask in yenta.c?

I found a datasheet of the ENE CB1410 on the Internet:
http://ftp.cizgi.com.tr/turknote/CT10/CT10%20Service%20Manual/EnE%20Cardbus%20Controller%20Datasheet.pdf

Would anybody with some more depth in this area feel inclined to
look into this? I'm happy to test any changes.

Thanks
Michael