Re: ACPI and broken PCI IRQ sharing on Asus M5N laptop

From: Patrick Reynolds
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 00:09:38 EST

On Sun, 9 May 2004, Len Brown wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 20:44, Patrick Reynolds wrote:
> > Booting with default parameters puts the i8042 psmouse channel, the
> > Intel
> > 8x0 sound card, and the Cardbus controller all on IRQ 12. The mouse
> try booting with "acpi_irq_isa=12"

That worked. The interrupts got redistributed like so:
6: 172 XT-PIC Intel 82801DB-ICH4, yenta
7: 3014 XT-PIC uhci_hcd, yenta, ndiswrapper
8: 4 XT-PIC rtc
9: 188 XT-PIC acpi
12: 1028 XT-PIC i8042

> I'd be interested to see your dmesg and /proc/interrupts from 2.6.1

It piles the sound and cardbus onto IRQ 5, along with a USB that I'm
actually using. For some reason it doesn't touch IRQ 6. Here are dmesg
and /proc/interrupts from 2.6.1, 2.6.6 w/ acpi_irq_isa=12, and 2.6.6 w/
your patch:

http://www.cs.duke.edu/~reynolds/acpi-notes

On Sun, 9 May 2004, Len Brown wrote:

> On the assumption that cmdline works, please try this patch
> (without any cmdline param).
>
> It simply tweaks the heuristic and makes IRQ12 less attractive compared
> to the others.

That also worked and produced the same IRQ mapping as acpi_irq_isa=12.

Thanks! If you want any more logs, etc, let me know.

--Patrick